- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry and sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp Minute tapioca
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces ( 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz), plus extra as needed
- 1 lb of pasta
1. Microwave onion, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, garlic, 1 tbsp oil, thyme, and red pepper flakes in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
2. Stir broth, wine, and tapioca into slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours on low.
3. Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-sized pieces. Let sauce settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. 4. Microwave broccoli with remaining tbsp of oil in bowl, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir shredded chicken and softened broccoli into sauce and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes. Before serving, season with salt, pepper and additional Parmesan to taste.
This recipe makes enough to sauce 1 pound of pasta. Ziti pasta noodles are recommended.